French Connection offers a fashion-forward range at affordable prices to style-conscious, young men around the world. Here they offer some styling tips to create a high-street look.
Casual look for the day
Pair a logo or graphic print t-shirt with a pair of dark indigo jeans.
Alternatively, a pair of dark-rinse jeans with a crisp white shirt gives a timeless, streamlined look. You can also opt for cement-toned slim-fit khakis instead of denims.
Cool, edgy, look for the night
To get away with jeans and a tee at sundown, pull on a lightweight blazer. Push up the sleeves to match the relaxed vibe of a summer night out. There is only one way to make casuals like checked shirts and jeans look dressier: nail the fit. Even pants and a polo T-shirt that fit well look tailored.
Wardrobe staples for the stylish man
- Simple, stylish Polo T-shirts.
- Classic dark rinse denims that can be worn for weekend socialising, and also for dressier occasions.
- Classic fitted black or white shirt that can be paired with a suit or a pair of dark blue jeans.
- A well-fitted, light to middle weight, modern jacket, which perfectly finds the balance between dressy and casual, and can be worn on almost any occasion.
- Knitwear that’s perfect for adding colour, and a contemporary layered look to an outfit.
- Accessories like sunglasses, belts, bags, etc. that add detail to a casual look.
The reigning trends this year
- Fashion plays on lengths in men’s wear in 2012. For men, this means shorter jackets and cropped trousers take center stage. Make a statement with a pair of plain colored slim cargoes that fit like dress pants.
- Plaids and gingham continue to be favourites.
- Tone-on-tone is a great option for summer as it allows for a creative and playful use of colour. Alternatively, you can try a denim on denim look. Consider wearing a lighter-coloured shirt and keeping the jeans in a darker shade.
- The slim-fit cargo pant is a new classic. You may already have an army green one: now try one in slate blue, cement or a dusty color.
- Check out the new breed of thinner and lighter biker jackets with contrast sleeves or no sleeves at all.
- The sailor stripe trend now comes in many colours. They’re great going to the beach or on the weekend.