Katy Perry turns 28 today! But doesn’t it seem like she’s been around forever? Well, she’s come a long way. In fact she’s a lesson in self transformation. First we had Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson – cute girl next door singing gospel. Then there was Katy Perry – pin-up girl of the century with hits like “I kissed a girl” and “ET“.
There’s a whole list of trends that I can trace back to her – dresses with cinched waists, vintage hair and make-up, coloured hair, bright make-up and crazy prints. Also, she did for curvy girls what Kate Moss did for skinny girls – she made it hot! With her pin-up style, bold fashion and unbridled talent, is it any wonder that she gave us “Firework” Who else would know that ” You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, Just own the night like the 4th of July…”
If you want to own the KP look, here are a few tips:
- Vintage hair styled to perfection along with vintage make-up - red lips, eye liner etc. Follow the tips in our earlier post.
- Colour your hair in a sexy shade of blue if you like drama. Else, go with jet black.
- A sexy, fitted dress that accentuates your curves. Go for bright, colourful prints. If you want to play it safe, then leopard prints or red would do just fine (Yeah, that’s playing safe in the Katy Perry dictionary). The daring ones can experiment with low necklines.
- A broad belt.
- A pair of pumps or peep toe heels in a bright shade like red.
- Tonnes of happy attitude. Sing one of her songs to set the mood.