he big year ender fashion week is here! And this time it’s in the fashion capital of the country, Mumbai. Happy to inform you all that Myntra.com is the official online partner of the India Resort Fashion Week, now in its third year. And over the next three days, I will bring to you the freshest of fashion and the hottest of trends from the runways of IRFW. Make sure you don’t miss out on anything, because what a miss that would be!
PRINTS AND TEXTURES: Tie and dye, polka dots and floral motif (here’s a little fashion forecast for all you men; feminine will be huge in the coming season) and lots of sheer and quirky prints with odds and ends like kettles and jars at Nishka. Elephant prints, abstracts and the oh-so-popular moustache print at Archana. In her print less collection, Ramona Narang focused mostly on prints.
COLOURS: It was the nautical colours of red, blue and white for Varoin, while Nishka adhered to her trademark pastel palette comprising refreshing mint greens, greys, salmon pink, baby blue and beige. Maroons, monochrome, gold, reds, browns and oranges took centre stage at Archana Kochhar’s show. Brights (yellow, blue, shades of green) and white, acid tones of yellow and green.
SILHOUETTES: Waist coats with slim trousers, shorts and blazers and just really short shorts for men at Varoin and easy, relaxed, boxy silhouettes comprising midi dresses with narrow collars, shorts with cropped shirts and cropped tops with midi skirts at Nishka. Tunics with leggings, shalwar kurta with waist coat and bermudas with vests and full sleeved shirts for men, mullet styled churidar kurtas and maillots worn under tunics. Bandage and baby doll dresses, sarongs and one shoulder gowns with risque thigh high slit, palazzos with cropped tops in the same fabric and colour highlighting the co ordinated look trend.
ACCESSORIES: Bow ties, fun hats, floral printed brogues and strappy white sandals at Varoin and Ipad sleeves and sling bags, matchng headbands at Nishka. Head bands, oversized 70s glasses, tiny bags, hold alls and leather sandals for the boys (Archana Kochhar), strappy sandals and heels at Ramona.
HAIR AND MAKE UP: Red lips+high pony tail coupled with golden nails at Archana Kochhar, dewy make up and low pony (Nishka), slick, combed back Italian mafia-esque hair for the boys at Varoin, loose curls and red lips ar Ramona Narang.
FRONT ROW GLITZ: Singer Anushka Manchanda (Nishka Lulla), Celina Jaitley (Gitanjali), Kangna Ranaut (Archana Kochhar)
TRENDS WE HEART:
- That moment in fashion when sheer meets pastels and dewy make up. It has the power to warm the cockles of even the mot unromantic person’s heart! While Nishka Lulla can take a bow, you can go try this gorgeous combo and turn heads!
- Men’s fashion is getting dandier by the day, and what can we say…we are loving this new man and his confidence to pull off everything from pop coloured bow ties, to the short suit (seen at Varoin).
- The other good news is that prints are getting as irreverent as ever. Our favourite? The moustache print (Archana) which seems to have had a phenomenal impact on youth culture. Get something in this print today! Anything at all.
- The co-ordinated look (Ramona) is the trend to watch out for. Just pair separates made of the same fabric, print, colour; it will give yo height other than making you look on trend.
- There are two ways of doing a bold red mouth – play sexy with a sleek, high ponytail (Archana) and sweet with loose curls (Ramona). Which one are you?