PRINTS AND TEXTURES: At Drvv, predictably, there was no prints and Square Loop by Kanisha Sachdeva also went printless. At Heumn, we saw big floral motifs mixed with stripes and Mumbai-based designer Richa Aggarwal showcased pretty checks and florals.
COLOURS: Monochrome continued to rule at Drvv and Heumn’s shows and it was followed by a muted colour palette consisting browns, peaches and off whites at Richa Aggarwal and a lovely pale yellow and violet story at Kanika Sachdeva.
SILHOUETTES: Body legthening, clean silhouettes at Drvv, elements of the 1950s in the form of pencil skirt and bomber jackets at Heumn, preppy, conservative silhouette and at Richa Aggarwal loose, resort-y silhouettes complete with maxi dresses, palazzos, boxy tops and relaxed tunics.
HAIR AND MAKE UP: Side parting with a low bun and soft, pale pink lips with barely there eye make up.
ACCESSORIES: Gloves at Drrv, dainty brooches at Heumn, black leather brogues and work bags at Richa Aggarwal and super cute jute brogues with colourful pom poms, scarves and printed hand bags at Sachdeva.
- The beauty of monochrome is that it’s not a fad. It stands the test of time and completes a wardrobe. The power of black and white is unmistakable and the sooner you realise that, the better.
- Craving some colour in you Pre Fall wardrobe yet don’t want too much? Try shades of brown, peaches and off whites, as seen at Richa Aggarwal. These shades love the Indian complexion and lend a warm glow!
- Preppy will be huge this season as would be slouchy, anti fit silhouettes. Stock up on mid length skirts, crisp shirts and brogues. We seriously can’t have enough of the brogues. If you ask us, that’s the ‘IT’ shoe of the season.
- The side parting and low bun is as versatile a hair style as it comes! It’s easy to do and pull off and can take you from morning to night in no time.
- Slim, body lengthening silhouettes, as seen at Drrv is something you should always look for even if we say slouchy and boxy will rule the ramps in the coming months.We all need a few extra inches and a toned look and only silhouettes with clean lines can give us that!